Exercise of the Month: Wood Chop
Exercise of the Month: Wood Chop07 Dec 2020
- Start with the feet a little wider than hip distance apart, keeping the knees slightly bent, and bring the medicine ball to your left shoulder.
- On an exhale, pull abs to spine, and "chop" the ball down diagonally across your body toward your right knee. Imagine you're chopping some wood at this angle and the ball is your axe — the move is a bit percussive.
- Focus on the rotation initiating in your torso.
- Control the ball back up to the starting position. This completes one rep.
- Remember you are moving with force but control. Don't give in to the momentum of swinging the ball around. Do three sets of 15 reps on each side.
June is a high energetic and well experience dance instructor, group fitness trainer and personal trainer. More than 25 years in designing exercise programs based on client needs, goals, and abilities, she can help you focus on improve women’s body shape, weight management, building muscle, flexibility, and cardiovascular ability. June ensures you to meet your goals safety and enjoyable.