Exercise of the Month: Core Activation
Exercise of the Month: Core Activation09 Nov 2020
Core activation with/ without a stick
If you have ever trained with Will, you will know his favourite exercise for activating your core muscle, while simulating one of the most powerful compound movements: SQUAT.
1. To start with, lay down on a mat, and grab a stick.
(Actually you can still do it without a stick)
2. Place your knees right above your hip joint.
3. Shoulder width for your knees position.
4. Align your heels with your knees. (So you shouldn’t see your heels)
5. Point your toes to your head.
6. Try to minimise the gap between your lower back and the mat.
1. 90 degrees for your ankle, knee and hip joint.
2. Knees and stick are resisting each other.
- When everything is all set...If you have a stick, push the stick down and resist the force with your knees.
- Inhale and focus on pressing your belly button towards the ceiling. Hold your breathe and brace your core for 2 seconds.
- Exhale with your mouth, bring your belly button down to the ground.
Do it for 3 sets of 10 repetitions.